ChromeOS Desperately Needs Dropbox Integration

| Tags: , , , ,
Digg it | Stumble it | Save to Del.ico.us

Google Chrome Notebook Cr48 Google Chrome Notebook Cr48

It has been a couple of days we are playing with Google Chrome Notebook Cr48. We tried our best to make it our primary computer but every now and then it denies to be one. Sure, we can create and edit word documents and spreadsheets in Zoho or Google docs. Pixlr is there to replace our desktop Photoshop but there’s a lot more that we need.

The Problem:

I’ve got a lot of documents on my regular laptop that I want to access on my Cr48. I need to edit them and email them to my friends. What do you guys think how’d I do that? Put them on a thumb drive and upload them to Google Docs while keeping the thumb drive connected to Cr48? No Way! That’s so 20th century! I’m in 2011 now, I’ve got something called Dropbox. All of my files are there so I access them anywhere on this earth. But hey! ChromeOS doesn’t seem to let me do that in a nice manner. It messes up all the stuff.

I’m using a Chrome extension called ‘Dropbox’ to access the files and folder. When I click a specific file, it is downloaded to the local memory just like accessing Dropbox’s web interface. Fine fine up to now.. but what would I do to these downloaded files? I click on a file and get an ‘Unknown filetype’ message. All I can do is open Google docs and upload the files there manually. Real pain!

Possible Solution:

1. ChromeOS should be able to recognize popular filetypes and automatically open them with the relevant app/extension. Like .docx, .pptx, could be directly opened in Google docs. .jpg and the likes could be opened with the image editor app I’ve installed on my ChromeOS e.g pixlr or Picnik.

To complete this, there should be a ‘Hard Disk’ icon along with other app icons on the ‘new tab’ so a user can view the files stored in local memory, click them to open directly in the relevant app.

2. Dropbox could directly be integrated with ChromeOS so when I press the ‘browse’ button somewhere on a web page, I directly go to the files have in Dropbox.

What are your findings about Google Chrome Notebook? Don’t forget to tell us so we can provide you with better tips!

Have you seen our first impressions and picture gallery of Google Chrome Notebook? If yes, why not learn the initial things you need to do with your Cr48?

For more on this, follow me on Twitter or join our Facebook fan page . You may want to subscribe to our RSS feed or subscribe via Email for the full insights.

View the original article here



What Next?
Link To This Page:


Link To Home Page:



Subscribe to Addicted Online or subscribe in as a reader

0 Responses to ChromeOS Desperately Needs Dropbox Integration

Post a Comment

Make Money Now

Read other Related Stories

Blog Archive